When prepping for my Don't Mess With Wrexus game after a two-month hiatus, I realized that the PCs will have some serious questions to which I don't have answers.
Case in point, just how is Android B-Zero going to repair that significant structural damage? It's not like he can just saunter into Radio Shack. (Heh. Like anyone ever goes to Radio Shack.)
So here I am, shamelessly ripping off Unca Jeff Rients.
|HIS WRATH WILL BE SEVERE.|
But my knob goes to 22, y'all. And I'll answer them in a subsequent post.
22 Quick Questions For Your Post-Apocalyptic Campaign Setting
- What's the deal with my village's particular Rite Of Passage?
- Which way to the nearest tavern?
- Where do we buy useful gear?
- Where do we repair / reload / refuel these artifacts?
- Where do we get some high-tech healing?
- Where do we fix our resident android / robot?
- Say, what IS the local currency / medium of exchange, anyway?
- Are there any infamous ruins / vaults / laboratories / installations around where sane mutants fear to tread?
- Where is the closest contaminated zone to idiotically try for powerful new mutations?
- Where do we get cures for the following conditions: toxin, radiation, infection, lousy new mutations, nanobot infestation, corrupted databanks, broken cybernetic implants?
- Are there any cults / gangs / cryptic alliances I can join and / or fight?
- Where can I hire mercenaries?
- Where can I find a technician, lorekeeper, psychic, or other expert NPC?
- Where do I find a mighty mutant monster mount?
- Who is the greatest warlord in the wasteland?
- Who is the craziest Artificial Intelligence in the wasteland?
- Who is hoarding all the gasoline in the wasteland?
- What critters are sufficiently terrorizing the wasteland that if I kill them, I become famous?
- Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?
- How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous artifact prizes?
- Is there anywhere on the map where certain races are shunned, mutations / artifacts are outlawed, and / or The Powers That Be significantly hassle the PCs?
- Are there means to journey into space, or under the sea, or through the dimensional barriers?