No. Enc.: 0 (1d4)
Movement: 120' (40')
Armor Class: 4
Hit Dice: 4+2
Attacks: 1 (bite)
Hoard Class: None
Dwelling in forests, jungles, and swamps, vapirs are hefty browsing animals with short, prehensile snouts. They stand around 4' tall at the shoulder, reach lengths of 6'-7', and weigh between 600-800 pounds.
Vapirs are continually blanketed by billowing green mists which cause all melee attacks directed their way to suffer a -2 To Hit penalty, and all ranged attacks to suffer a -4 To Hit penalty. And once every 4 rounds, a vapir can exhale a cloud of gas 20' in diameter with the following random colors and effects [roll 1d6]:
1) Debilitating Gas (orange, Class 1-8 poison [determined randomly by rolling 1d8])
2) Hallucinogenic Gas (purple, causes Confusion for 1d10 rounds with failed Saving Throw Versus Poison)
3) Corrosive Gas (red, causes continual 3d4 damage per round [may optionally include damage against equipment and possessions] for 1d4+1 rounds, with no Save allowed)
4) Obscurring Gas (black, induces Blindness and loss of olfactory senses for 1d6+1 rounds with failed Saving Throw Versus Poison)
5) Narcotic Gas (blue, Class 9 Sleep poison)
6) Nerve Gas (yellow, Class 12-20 poison [determined randomly by rolling 1d8])
Effects can overlap. Vapirs are immune to any and all effects generated by their fellows' fumes, plus all other hazardous environmental toxins or chemicals.
When a vapir is reduced to 10 or less Hit Points, it assumes a gaseous form and attempts to flee at a movement rate of 45' per round. It is completely immune to all conventional weapons and energy attacks in this form, but is still vulnerable to wind-based attacks and Mental Mutations. At -10 Hit Points or less, a vapir is truly dead; otherwise, it re-solidifies after 1d8 hours at full Hit Points.
A vapir's morale becomes 10 when protecting its young.
Mutations: Aberrant Form (Gaseous Form), Toxic Weapon ("Gas Generation")