Friday, April 19, 2013

"M" is for "Mariqué"


No. Enc.:  1d6 (1d10)
Alignment:  Chaotic
Movement:  120' (40')
Armor Class:  4
Hit Dice:  4
Attacks:  3
Damage:  1d4 / 1d4 / 1d6
Save:  L4
Morale:  9 (or 11)
Hoard Class:  VII
XP:  355

Mariqués are child-sized, four-eyed, scabrous-skinned, tumor-riddled primates that shimmer with shifting, iridescent hues (meaning they never Surprise their foes).  The descendants of laboratory test animals, the vicious beasts carry an ingrained hatred of Pure Humans and "scientific types" (bumping their Morale 11 in such encounters).  Their elongated, nigh-prehensile lashes twitch with malice.

Mariqués discharge rainbow streams of chemicals from their malformed cranial cavities at a range of 25'.  A failed Saving Throw Vs Poison means the target is Blinded [-4 To Hit, +4 AC penalty] for 2d6 rounds.  Furthermore, the victim's skin and hair are stained for 1d4 months, which either diminishes (75% chance) its CHA score by 1d4+1...or actually improves (25%) it by the same margin.

There are reports of mariqués as big as men, with boundless physical strength and aggression, and the cunning to use them....  [AC 6; HD 6; 2d6 / 2d6 / 1d10; SL6, ML 11, XP 1,570]

Nimble and spry, mariqués brachiate through overgrowth and ruins at full movement rate.

Mutations:  Bizarre Appearance [D], Prehensile Tail, Toxic Weapon ("Cosmetic Cloud")